Thursday, June 29, 2006

Canadian National Comic Book Expo

I don't know how much you guys are into comics, but the Canadian National Comic Book Expo (CN) is on Sept 1st to 3rd in the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. I mention it now because I've just their impressive guest list which you can check out here. Drawing to the left by Jim Lee and co. (Alex Sinclair and Scott Williams I think).

The four names that caught my eye were Jim Lee, Humberto Ramos, Skottie Young, and Mike Mignola. Even if you guys don't like comic books these guys are innovative, and can draw like stink. Definetly recommended to go out and see! I should also probably mention that a lot of Sheridan students are likely to be selling at the artist alley so be sure to check them out too if you go.

There was no life drawing yesterday, hence no art. I'm going today so they'll be some up late tonight or early tomorrow. I'm working hard on a story pitch at the moment so there likely won't be much peripheral art goin' on but maybe a few designs for that might pop up sometime soon.

I saw this today. Ceci n'est pas un powerbook? People are crazy, haha. And so is Magritte.

0 comments:

Subscribe To...

Site Tracking...

free hit counter

eXTReMe Tracker

Locations of visitors to this page

  © Alan Cook, 2009. Template based on 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP