Sunday, May 21, 2006

"I'm Batman"

For those of you who haven't bought Batman: The Animated Series on DVD, your local Canadian HMV stores have put season 1 and 2 on sale for $19.99. That's a bargain compared to the $59.99 that searsons 3 and 4 are going for!

I haven't had the chance to watch the first season episodes but the second season disc is pretty awesome - episodes with Clayface, that episode with the Riddler in the maze. Nothing like a blast from the past!

The commentaries are fun - Paul Dina and Bruce Timm have some interesting stuff to say on select episodes.

Oh yeah, Jenny Lerew reminded me of The Blackwing Pencil. I wonder how hard it would be to get your hands on one of these? Check her original post about Blackwings back in the day. Half the pressure, twice the speed, apparently.

Another one of my favorite shows, The Animaniacs, is due out "Summer 2006" on DVD. Keep an eye out!

If you're interested, two Calarts students, Steve MacLeod and Mario Furmancyk, have posted their third year films. Steve's is here, Mario's is here. Enjoy!

One more thing: check out this in-depth article about John Lasseter by good ol' Fortune Magazine. They seem really interested in Pixar lately?

That's all for now.

2 comments:

Mitchel Kennedy 8:58 PM  

Hey there! I just discovered your blog!

I was scrolling down, taking some time to look at all your great posts... then something smacked me in the face!!

And it was your 'Montreal' post. I said to myself, 'Hey, I know that guy. That's Jordan!'. THEN I realized that I knew more than just that one guy! I know Eliot and Guillaume and Jordan's gal Marcie and even Eric!

In fact, I'm living with Eliot next year!

Why don't I KNOW YOU!? I'm sure I'll meet you.

Awesome blog! =]

Cookedart 11:44 PM  

lol! Crazy stuff.

I don't think I know you either.... But I'm positive I'll see you around next year.

Great to see you're liking what I'm puttin' up!

Subscribe To...

Site Tracking...

free hit counter

eXTReMe Tracker

Locations of visitors to this page

  © Alan Cook, 2009. Template based on 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP