Sunday, June 24, 2007

Today in Featured Videos...

First off, found this video via Digg. The most interesting comment on the video to me is someone claimed it had "very great animation." While the imagery is no doubt very good (although it is definitely in the style of the Ashley Wood illustrated Metal Gear video stuff), it's hardly moves at all. This isn't to say I don't like it (I do), but I find it interesting that strong images/poses and a pertinent subject matter clearly matters more than fluid movement.

Of course, the person is also probably referring to how well drawn the poses are, instead of directly referring to the movement.



The second video is the opening title sequence from the new Satoshi Kon film, Paprika. While I personally find the film quite strange I do think it does some interesting things, and the title sequence is a great example of this.

Both videos are embedded at left - click on the links to check them out on YouTube itself.

0 comments:

Subscribe To...

Site Tracking...

free hit counter

eXTReMe Tracker

Locations of visitors to this page

  © Alan Cook, 2009. Template based on 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP