Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Your Friend the Rat

I don't own a hi-def tv, or a blu-ray/HD DVD player, but Hi-def 3D animation is definitely a good case for the extra resolution.

Case in point, apparently the Blu-ray edition of Ratatouille will feature an exclusive short, "Your Friend the Rat", directed by Jim Capobianco (story by Jeff Pidgeon, and Alexander Woo).

[Update] The user reviews on Amazon seem to point to the short being on both the DVD and Bluray versions - we'll see when it comes out, I guess!

Here are some stills I've found:







I'm not sure how many of you read my "News from the Grapevine" section to the left, but in related Pixar news, there was some Wall-E test screenings in Portland recently, with one account posted here. Apparently the film looked 80% finished to the viewer.

Also, according to the New York Times, Sony Pictures Animation and Sony Pictures Imageworks may be up for sale.

3 comments:

Bill Robinson 9:56 PM  

I went to a benefit dinner at pixar last month and got to see the 'world premiere' of this short. It's pretty entertaining, and is about 90% non-CG. Mostly hand drawn, but also some stop motion. The beginning and end feature Remy and Emile as 3D characters from the film. It's a great film and I'm sad to see it will only be on the Blu-Ray release...maybe I should be looking into that PS3...

Cookedart 11:09 PM  

I might be wrong about that... Animated News reported the Blu-Ray only thing, but Amazon seems to think otherwise...

libra bear 9:13 AM  

Thanks for stopping by, I really do think your life drawin gis amazing, and you have many ways of approacing it aswell, keep up the good work

Subscribe To...

Site Tracking...

free hit counter

eXTReMe Tracker

Locations of visitors to this page

  © Alan Cook, 2009. Template based on 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP