Saturday, April 12, 2008

Andy Knight...

I've heard through the grapevine some tragic news... Andy Knight, internationally renowned director and co-founder at Toronto's Red Rover, died of a stroke at the age of 46 on April 10. News is fairly sparse, but I was able to pick this post by Paul Dutton up on the Animation Nation Message Boards.

I never had the chance to work with Andy, but I've been told nothing but great things about him as a person and an artist.

My condolences go out to his family and friends.

3 comments:

h__z 1:47 PM  

woah...your post totally took me by surprise, man. this is terrible news. i never really got to know him that well either (i was a quiet co-op student and he was the head honcho), but the man was a cool guy and the stuff he and his studio put out was AWESOME.

Anonymous 3:20 AM  

i knew and worked with andy at passion pictures london ..he was a great guy and good friend and was loved by all .
pritch

Anonymous 5:55 AM  

I agree with Pritch. We worked together with Andy and enjoyed many beers and games of softball in the park with him and others from Passion pictures back then. They were the golden times. It is too sad to hear this news.

Martin.

Subscribe To...

Site Tracking...

free hit counter

eXTReMe Tracker

Locations of visitors to this page

  © Alan Cook, 2009. Template based on 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP